[ExchangeList] Re: How to point to exchange server to host mail

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:20:18 -0500

If the server is available via public (and static) IP (via NAT is fine) you need to create MX records in your zone file / name server /  registrar poiting to the public IP of your domain.

The exact steps vary based on the provider; if you can't figure out how to add an MX record most providers will be glad to provide step by step instructions.

Rick

On 1/10/08, Sola Alabi <solaalabi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,
   I have set up Exchange Server 2003(SBS) with ip address Private but NAT to a Global IP , How do I edit the control Panel of the domain ( sample.com) to point to my Exchange server to host the mail ,so it will be doing the hosting of the mail instead of the Provider.
thanks