[ExchangeList] Re: How to override size limits for one user

  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:23:46 -0400

A 94MB email attachment….are you nuts?

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John L. Gitzen II
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 2:09 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] How to override size limits for one user

I have a user in my organization that needs to send a very large email but I can’t seem to get it to work.  System global setting is 10MB, and I bumped the User mailbox setting to 150MB.  The mail with attachments is 94MB.  SMTP Connector Message Size Limit under Routing Groups is not set, values are greyed.  SMTP Virtual server Setttings under Servers/Protocol/SMTP Virtual Server/Messages is also not set.  Yet whenever the message is sent we get - Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user.'

What am I missing, I thought the Limit set at the user level would override the System global settings, etc?
John
Technology Applied