RE: How to include NetBIOS domain in OWA 2003 change password box

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:14:56 -0500

This is the code I am using. I have an ISA 2004 server to publish OWA.
However, the code can also work with non-ISA environments. In case of
ISA, the changes will be done directly in the ISA Server.

Edit the "logon_MSIERich.htm" file,  locate the lines;

<BODY scroll="AUTO" bgColor="#3D5FA3" text="#000000" leftMargin=0
topMargin=0>
<FORM action="/CookieAuth.dll?Logon" method="POST" name="logonForm"
autocomplete="off" onsubmit="logonForm_onsubmit()">

Insert the below piece of code between the above two lines:

<script Language=javascript>
  <!--
function logonForm_onsubmit()
 {
if (logonForm.username.value.indexOf("@") !=-1)
 {
return true;
 }
logonForm.username.value = logonForm.username.value + "@mydomain.com";
  return false;
 }
//-->
 </script>
<FORM action="/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll" method="POST"
name="logonForm" autocomplete="off" onsubmit="logonForm_onsubmit()">

The above code added the default domain name "@mydomain.com" into the
FBA logon script. Remember, after this change is made, users can no
longer login using MYDOMAIN\userID format. So, we can modify the login
prompt displayed to the user to be more meaningful, by changing the
Domain\Username  to just Username. Edit the file strings.txt located in
the same folder, and modify the value for variable 19 as follows;

;L_UserName_Text
19="Username:"

Regards,

HTH.