How to find inactive/unused mailboxes

  • From: "Sanz de León, Juan Carlos" <jcsanz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:56:37 +0200

Dear Gurus,
    We are using Exchange 2000 and are trying to eliminate inactive/unused
mailboxes.  We know that under, Exchange System Manager we can see the last
time someone accessed the mailbox ( Under ESM -> Private Store -> Mailboxes).
However, this information is not 100% correct.  For example, if I create a new
Meeting Request and I check the calendars of all Mailboxes, the information of
last logged on under ESM is marked with my account.
To summarize, is there a way to detect inactive/unused mailboxes besides the
information provided under ESM -> Private Info Store -> Mailboxes ?
Thanks for your help,
Juan Carlos Sanz de León