RE: How to edit fields in GAL?

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:38:08 -0500

Succinctly put.

However, you are actually referring, I believe, to adding a new mAPIID
to an existing attribute contained in Active Directory. That is no
longer a supported operation due to the problems it could cause.

Actually modifying the details template is not quite as destructive an
operation, as long as the A/D attribute already has a mAPIID.

In ESM, open the Details Template for the language you are using to see
what is available for Users/Contacts/etc. It's pretty self-explanatory.