How to associate a user with a mailbox in E2K?

  • From: "Connor Moran" <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:47:39 +0800

Hi,

A client's E2K box bumped into the 16Gb limit, and we were forced to start a
new store. As this was just a POP3 server (but many users had "leave
messages on server" selected in their POP3 clients), not much mail was
missing for these users when we just started a new store from scratch.

We kept the 16Gb database, and we've re-created a machine to restart this
database on a "clone" E2K server. We planned to POP3 to each mailbox to get
the mail out and return the archive to those users.

We don't have the userlist on this clone machine, as I was hoping it was
possible to just connect a mailbox to a user, POP3 out the mail, and then
link to another mailbox and repeat the process.

I can't find a way to link a user to a mailbox that isn't their's.
Right-hand click on the mailbox in Exchange System Manager and there is a
"reconnect" option but it is greyed-out. Any ideas?

Regards,

Connor Moran