RE: How to Disallow a Particular User From Sending Mails to External Domain

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:49:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Manjeet,

It works now. great! Also we have to set the CheckConnectorRestrictions value
to 1 if it is 0 again it wont check for the ristrictions.

Did microsoft forgot this to add or is this one more security benifits from
Microsoft :) . How do you know this??

regards
Praveen R

Manjeet Singh <Manjeet.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Praveen,

By default the SMTP virtual server Message Categorizer will not check the
delivery restrictions list unless specifically configured to do in the exchange
server registry.

On Each exchange server that host an SMTP bridgehead, you must create a
REG_DWARD registry value called CheckConnectorRestrictions in the below key.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Resvc\Parameters.

Once you have set this key, restart the SMTP and Exchange routing engine for
the change to take effect. Once this is done the unauthorized users will get an
NDR, when they send an internet message through that connector.

Thanks,

Manjeet