RE: How to Disallow a Particular User From Sending Mails to External Domain

  • From: "Manjeet Singh" <Manjeet.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:21:17 -0800

Hi Praveen,

By default the SMTP virtual server Message Categorizer will not check
the delivery restrictions list unless specifically configured to do in
the exchange server registry.

On Each exchange server that host an SMTP bridgehead, you must create a
REG_DWARD registry value called CheckConnectorRestrictions in the below
key.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Resvc\Parameters.

Once you have set this key, restart the SMTP and Exchange routing engine
for the change to take effect. Once this is done the unauthorized users
will get an NDR, when they send an internet message through that
connector.

Thanks,

Manjeet