Re: How to Clear MRU List in Outlook

  • From: Ken Kwong <kenkwo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:31:46 -0800 (PST)

 Here is the answer:
PSS ID Number: Q292024

Article last modified on 09-26-2001

- Microsoft Outlook 2000

IMPORTANT: This article contains information about editing the registry.

Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if

a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring

the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help

topic in Regedt32.exe.

This article describes how to clear the Most Recently Used list, which shows

other users' folders that have been opened in Outlook on a computer that runs

Microsoft Windows 2000.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may

require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that

problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use

Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and

Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete

Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in

Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. If

you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000, you should also update your

Emergency Repair Disk (ERD).

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate the 101e0390 value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

3. Click the 101e0390 value in the right pane of the Registry Editor.

4. On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.

5. Browse to the drive and folder where you want to store the export, type

"MRURegKey" (without the quotation marks) in the File name box, and then

click OK.

6. After you export the file, right-click the 101e0390 key, and then click

7. Quit Registry Editor.

Additional query words: OL2K

Technology : kbOutlookSearch kbOutlook2000Search kbZNotKeyword3

Version : :

Issue type : kbinfo

Copyright Microsoft Corporation 2001.

  "Thomson, Helen" <hthomson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to clear the Most Recently Used list that opens
other users' folders in Outlook 2000 (under Windows 2000)? We have
employees who have left and we do not wish to see them anymore in the File |
Open menu. I'm sure there's a registry key, but which one?

Thanks and regards,

Helen Thomson

Do You Yahoo!?