RE: How many custom recipients an Exchange Ser ver 5.5 may have?

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:51:19 -0300

        Hello Jared, thank you for your reply.

        I will enable tracking log to figure out what's going on.

        The incredible thing is that it doesnt happen all the time. We send
thousands of messages daily, and only one or two has not been delivered for
a couple of diferents recipients.

        No, sender and Postmaster doesnt get an NDR or other error at all.
Neither the Event Viewer shows me anything about it.

        Another interesting thing: Looking at the Tracking Log in Exchange
Server, I see that the message was (according to Exchange Server)
successfully sent. But the SMTP Relay Server has never got contacted by
Exchange Server, I dont see any logs there. I assume the message has never
left the Microsoft Exchange Server, although I am not getting any error.

        I checked the X400 address within Outlook and Exchange Server, they
seem to be Ok.

        Any ideas? I really appreciated your time and help.

        Best Regards.