RE: How do you connect Email Clients on the Road

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:20:34 -0500

Hi Vicki,

If he needs address lookup, IMAP4 might not do the trick. VPN might be
the way to go, or if you're using an ISA firewall, the best of all
possible worlds is secure Exchange RPC publishing. I call it "Outlook
Just Works" because I configure my sites with a split DNS. Then, as long
as the user isn't behind a dope ISP that blocks TCP 135, then just open
Outlook 2000/2002/2003 and it "Just works". Everywhere I've implemented
it they've been amazed. I get a lot of nice cards every Christmas just
for that :-))

HTH,

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder