RE: How can I move a mailbox from one user to anot her?

  • From: Raji Arulambalam <rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:07:12 +1200

Hi
Assuming all mailboxes are on E2k

Delete the mailbox off the original user.
Run the mailbox cleanup agent
re-attach this mailbox to the new user.

make sure you have set a long period  for deleted-mailbox retention period
so you can recover them.

Use these principles.
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q274343
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q261142