RE: How can I Block access to my personal mailbox ?

  • From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:39:23 -0700

Is this a work mailbox?  If it is, I would suggest not using it for person
stuff.  We had a similar situation in one of our offices with someone using
their work email as their personal address and whatnot and because the office
policy is to keep all email for 2+ years and not allow deletion...that included
personal stuff.  In this case, the person unexpectedly left and the head of the
division decided it was time to go through the mailbox to try and track down
what happened...wading through all of the personal email.

Not that you have anything to hide, but in my opinion...personal stuff should
stay personal.

Devin