How about this

  • From: "sunil shah" <sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:52:21 -0500

John,

  Trying to put new hardware and new os and move existing server (One
server running everything)

  How about following steps :

(1)     Prep. my prepare my scheme , then install 2003 server with all
patches and joint to existing domain

(2)     Install Exchange 2003 in existing exchange organization

(3)     Run public folder sync and then move my mailboxes

(4)     Wait till all the users logged in show there profile gets
updated to point to new server

(5)     Configure New server with secondary DNS and let all the record
sync

(6)     Make a backup of old 2000 server

(7)     Remove my first exchange server using
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917&Product=e
xch2k

(8)     Run DCPROMO and remove active directory and this will remove my
old server from AD

(9)     Install New OS and join the old server back to AD

Is this proc. will work...Just want to be on safe side...Doing lots of
reading and research

Thanks you all of you for contributing guys and girls.  I have learned a
lots by just reading emails.

Sunny(Shyamal)