RE: Hosting multiple email domains in Exchange 5.5

  • From: Deshwal Chand <chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:55:08 +0530

Though, I haven't tried it at all. Still a few ideas, which may or may not
work:

Firstly, in the DNS server of second domain, create an MX record, which
should point to the IP address of this very mail server, so that the mails
for that domain can be forwarded to this server.

Secondly, Create the mailboxes on the same site and change the e-mails of
the recipients to other domain (offcourse, by default, the e-mail addresses
will be of the existing domain).

What other changes have to be or not have to be made to exchange, I don't
know at this moment. But I will try as well!

Regards,

Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E, MCSE, CCNA)
Network Manager
Kampsax India Ltd. (ISO 9002 company)