[ExchangeList] Re: Hosted exchange

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:01:25 -0600

Here Here

  _____

From: John T (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:33 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Hosted exchange

So what you are saying is you want all the features and functions of Oh
of a Ferrari at the price of a Chevy.

<RANT ON>

So you want the hosting provider to take all the risks and all the time
to set up with no guarantee of profit, or even covering setup costs so
you can have your cheap fly-by-night rate. Sir, you are the problem with
hosting services.

While you may actually find what you are looking for, that kind of
service at that kind of price is what is so wrong with hosting providers
these days, giving away stuff for practically free so that the
legitimate small business losses.

You need to get some morals and ethics and pay the proper price for what
you want.

Yes, I am in fact saying that many of those cheap hosting companies are
not on the up and up with licensing and usage agreements.

The minimum cost for legally licensed Exchange Hosting in the US is
about $3.25 per mail box plus hardware costs plus support costs plus
profit for the provider.

And yes it takes time to set everything up for a client.

So, if you are seeking pricing less than actual costs, you sir are part
of the problem.

<RANT OFF>

Blast shields up, fire away.

John T