[ExchangeList] Re: Hosted Exchange

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:18:29 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Does it have to be
hosted Exchange if they do not need frills?  Or will they
be using Outlook Anywhere (and a local .ost).

Most have free trials which allow the person assigned the task of
administering to be comfortable with the console they use.

Unlimited but not really... and Exchange 2003?

http://www.appriver.com/exchange/mailbox.asp

What does unlimited mailbox storage mean?
Unlimited mailbox storage means that clients of our Secure Exchange Service
don't need to manage user quotas or be concerned about billing surprises
because of increased email activity. This does not mean that using
Microsoft's Outlook and Exchange 2003 will work with an infinitely large
email box - there are practical limits to how large a mailbox can be before
performance becomes unacceptable. It also doesn't mean that a mailbox can be
defined as an "archive" - which would be impractical and inconsistent with
archiving requirements.