Host Unreachable

  • From: Marie Spaulding <MSpaulding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:27:10 -0400

Hello All,

I have just been informed by one of our engineers that he is unable to email
two sites in particular. We have Exchange Server 5.5. The following is the
error:

            whomever @****on.de on 9/24/2002 3:41 PM
            The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message
            The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=ASE;l=BROOKLYN-020911145620Z-3519
            MSEXCH:IMS:ASE:Billerica:BROOKLYN 3499 (000B09AA) Host
unreachable

Both sites that we are trying to reach are German sites:  either @photon.de
or   @bathon.de. These emails sit in the Internet Mail queue stating 'host
unreachable' for 48 hours then kick back the above NDR.

I don't think it is on our end, but not sure. Any thoughts?

Marie L. Spaulding
mspaulding@xxxxxxxxx