Hogh number of RPC operations

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:13:40 -0500

Hello all,
I have an active/passive cluster and a single exchange 2000 server setup with
and additional front end server used only for OWA.

I am using spotlight for exchange to monitor. Emails appears to be flowing
fine. I just keep getting errors from spotlight the MSExchangeIS\RPC operations
per sec are dramatically high for each server. The warning threshold is set to
5 and I am seeing numbers in the sixties and seventies. I have been looking for
articles that maybe able to tell me the cause of this, but I am not having much
luck. All the servers have 4GM RAM with the 3/GB switch and four processors. My
single server is using a single gigabit ethernet adapter. My cluster of course
is using a private Gigabit and a public gigbit adapter. Exchange 2000 Advanced
server.
My cluster has 1205 mailboxes and says it has 4106 MAPI connections. My single
server has 809 mailboxes and claiming 2426 MAPI connections.

Any Ideas?

Amy Kohler
Server Administration