High CPU utilization

  • From: James Hanna <jhanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:53:49 -0700

Hello,
I have an issue.  When IS Maintenance runs on my Exchange server 5.5 sp4 the
store.exe process will use 90-100% of the CPU and will stay that way until I
either reboot or stop/restart the Information Store service (which I have to
use a 3rd party kill utility).  I have found the following article at MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q159297
This specifies that the solution is for version 4.0.  Has anyone run into
this problem?  Any ideas?
If I do as this article says will I lose everyone's emails that are on the
server?
Thanks in advance for your help.
(this is my first time posting so take it easy on me!)
James

James Hanna MCSE
Senior Systems Administrator
e-infodata.com