Re: Hi

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:10:37 -0400

On 5/2/05, Skak <SYED@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> I have Exchange 2000 standard edition installed on win2000 Advance.We have
> a small organization with 40 users.Our Exchange real ip address is exposed
> to Internet that means I can use my server through Remote desktop
> connection software from all over the world.My problem lies here suppose a
> hacker gets my real ip address how can he damage my server using different
> hacking tools and please do not forget to write the names of tools which
> can damage my server.
>
> Please dont hesitate to ask question except real ip :)

1) Get a firewall; yesterday.  If you want a personal recommendation,
email me off-list.
2) Read the documentation provided by the firewall vendor.
3) Implement the firewall in the most secure configuration possibly
without limiting essential functionality.
4) In future, do not email Microsoft Exchange mailing lists with
questions about which hacking tools are recommended to damage your
server.

...D