Help with Backup Exec 8.5

  • From: Juan Ibarra <jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:46:58 -0700

Hello to all,
Can any one help me with this issue?

I am running exchange 5.5, sp4 on win2k server.

About a week ago my backup started failing to some tape drive problems not
being able to write media to the tape.  I replaced the single tape drive
with an autoloader being that my IS won't fit in a single tape anymore.  3
days in a row I am getting the following error message.
" The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one
or more sets created during this operation.  The operation can not
continued."

I have looked in Veritas website and they suggest to check the "override
media option" which I have already.  One more thing.  It seems like my drive
is extremely slow.  On the standalone drive it took about 6.2 hrs to
complete the job.  On the autoloader it looks like it could take about 10 to
12 hrs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I ma in desperate need to resolve this issue I as I haven't had a successful
back up in three days.

Thanks in advance.

Juan