Help needed - Exchange 2000 admin groups

  • From: "Leo" <leoperis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:29:09 -0600

We installed the ADC & then joined our exchange 5.5 site with a new
exchange 2000 server from our new domain.

The config_ca appears to work from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000, we can
see all the exchange 5.5 sites and connectors in ESM.

But we can not see any Exchange 2000 configuration in Exchange 5.5 admin
(no admingroups/sites or connectors).

When we forced CA replication once the E2k admin groups started to appear
in E5.5. as sites but they vanished shortly afterwards!!???

We have increased the logging of the ADC to minimum for all types and
checked the errors we are getting and nothing seems to be obvious. We have
yet to set up any recipient or Public folder CA's as the configuration
information needs to be resolved first (along with a complete tidy-up of
their Exchange 5.5 mailboxes etc).

The only other clue we have is that the Automatically Directory
replication connector on the Exchange 5.5 server we connected to
(ADNAutoDRC) will not display the properties of any tabs and generates an
error.

The error states that the local bridgehead server has no information
stores and can not be contacted & gives a code of c10306a4.

The bridgehead server listed in the error does have stores and they are
running/mounted.

How is the server trying to be contacted when choosing these tabs, what
tests can I perform?

We believe we have set up permissions correctly and network connectivity
appears to be working. I can net view the shares on the bridgehead server
from the exchange 5.5 system

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips would be greatly apprecaited

Regards