RE: Help Please!!!!

  • From: "Richard Pettigrew" <Richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:28:15 -0000

I think your best bet here is to do the following:

1.The hardware does not have to be identical.
2.Install the OS to be identical as that of the original (easier if you have a
system state backup)
3.Install Exchange to be identical setup to the original (you must re-create
all the mailboxes again though if you did not have a system state backup to
restore)
4.Dismount the Information store
5.Restore from your backup the folders containing the information store data.
5.Re-mount the Information store.

This is in essence what you require to do.
The instructions are not exact and the procedure may differ slightly depending
on your setup.

Hope this helps.

Further reading on the subject can be found at:
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/BeAdmin86_240870.pdf
This is a download pdf format documentation of Backup Exec and agents.
It outlines procedures for exchange backup and restore and may of of some help
to you.