RE: Help - Move Mailbox Is hosed...!!!!

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:14:01 +0100

I've just been having similar problems with a purely Exchange2000 to
Exchange2000 move of mailboxes. The win2000 event log reported problems with
a particular message (it actually gave some useful information for a change!)
The offending message had a duff attachment, which once removed allowed the
mailbox move to succeed.
Don't know if this helps with 5.5 but might point you in the right direction.

Another thing to watch out for is storage quotas on individual mailboxes, if
a user is over quota the move fails.

Date:                6/11/2002
Time:                10:04:11 AM
User:                N/A
Computer:        SAKIC
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

Garland Mac Neill
Systems Administrator
Solbourne