Re: Hello?

  • From: "Bruce J. Rose" <brose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:07:37 -0500

It say page connect be displayed.  If I access from another pc with
inside url I get site under construction.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Boza [mailto:rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 2:58 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Hello?

http://www.MSExchange.org/



What happens if you open a browser on the server and try to hit
http://localhost/exchange  ?




On 2/25/05 2:50 PM, "Bruce J. Rose" <brose@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> No, I've been a Groupwise guy for long time and just getting into
> Exchange.  It appears that all components are there but there is a
> problem accessing MBX.  Lost exhange server 2 weeks ago and no backup.
> Rebuilt exchange server as same name, install AD, installed Exchange.
> Exchange works fine just not OWA.  Get invalid path in IIS for the
> Exchange virtual server directory which is
> \\.\backofficestorage\domainname.xxx\mbx.
> 
> 
> Thanks
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Devin McBride [mailto:devin@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 12:34 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: RE: [exchangelist] Re: Hello?
> 
> Can you access OWA from inside your network?
> 
> As far as I know it is automatic...
> 
> Devin
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bruce J. Rose [mailto:brose@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Fri 2/25/2005 7:59 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Hello?
>  
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> No did not turn off but would like to.  Know anything about OWA can't
> get it to work and its supposed to be automatic?
> 
> Bruce
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny [mailto:nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 10:56 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Hello?
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:14:21 -0500, Chris Wall
> <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Awfully quiet today and tonight...  Did everyone just give up and
turn
> off
>> their exchange servers?
> 
> I think things can be pretty quiet when the following are in-effect:
> 
> -Reliable, resilient, and properly setup hardware
> -Properly configured and monitored Windows & Exchange Server
> -Properly configured anti-malware software
> -Proper change management & patch testing
> -Firewalled network and possibly non-MS software accessible from the
> Internet
> 
> ...D
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
as:
> brose@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
as:
> devin@xxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives:
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List
as:
> rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
brose@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx




Other related posts: