[ExchangeList] Haunted by "The bookmark is invalid"

  • From: "Phil Marcum" <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 03:29:06 -0500

The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is invalid.

CRAP!!

A fresh Exchange 2003 w/SP single server installed on W2K3 Server w/Sp2. After installing SP2 I create a test account and get the afore mention error when attempting to set up my test account in Outlook 2003.
1. I've installed MDAC ver2.8, rebooted, checked and installed updates, and rebooted again.
2. I've confirmed that the correct DC appears under RUS in ESM.
3. I've confirmed that I'm able to resovlve the mail server name from the client.
4. I'm able to ping the DC and mail server from the client.
5. No errors appear in the event logs.

What am I missing?

Any responses appreciated.