RE: Handling deleted user email accounts

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:32:01 -0500

You would just remove the Exchange attributes from the account.  Note: in
order for this to work for you, you would want to have two things in place:
1) a procedure that captures the mailbox database and server that the
mailstore resides on.  This is important if you later want to reassociate
the mailbox with the correct mail store.  2)  you need to ensure that you
have deleted mailbox retention properly set to keep the mailstore according
to your policy (30 Days?)

Of course, you'll want to test to be sure you're comfortable with this.
Others have also figured this by creating PST's, but I find that to be more
resource intensive than I'm willing to accept.

To remove the Exchange attributes, you use the ADU&C MMC with the Exchange
DLL's installed.  It's a right-click function.

Al