• From: "Imran Abdul Khaliq" <imran.abdulkhaliq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:23:39 +0300

Dear All,
             I have windows 2000 SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3 and Symantec
Antivirus for Exchange and clients running on my DC today in the morning when i
came my server was not responding and was not even shutting down so i did a
cold reboot after i reboot i found a service called "DameWare NT Utlilties 2.6"
service running in my services. I alreay have updated my server with all
lastest patches except the one released yesterday,

Can any one tell me how can this service have been installed in to my server
with out our intervension and there is nothing in our DNS registry or
ADD/Remove programs.

Thanks in Advamce