HW Considerations

  • From: Juan Ibarra <jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:35:29 -0700

Hello to all.

We are now planning to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2003.  Currently we have
a Production server running on  windows 2000 advance server and a Hot Spare
off line. I do a full back up every day and restore it to the Hot Spare
every day.

Now specking out new HW has become a challenge.  If we want to keep the same
setup, it means buying two identical servers, 10K a piece.  However, one of
them is just going to sit there doing nothing.  How to explain this to

Could you provide me with some recommendations as far as redundancy for
Exchange? I am considering two servers attached to an external storage