HIPPA compliance

  • From: Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:24:28 -0400

Greetings:
 Do any of you have to handle HIPAA compliance and if so, any suggestions?
We are running an Exchange 2003 server and have an organization who needs
HIPAA compliance, because the emails contain confidential personal
information. While we can control (to some extent) the Outlook settings for
organization employees, the end users (individuals at the the other end of
the email) are general public "consumers" so you cannot dictate what email
client they use or make them change their Outlook settings just for us or
make them install email SSL certificates or anything like that.
 JW