Groupwise to Exchange "reply all" failure

  • From: "mike" <mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:11:25 -0700

We have Groupwise 5.5 and Exchange 2000.  Exchange is up to service pack
2.  It is running on Win2000 server with the latest patches.
Novell/Groupwise has the latest patches also.
When a message is:
1) created by a Groupwise user
2) sent to an Exchange user
3) and includes external Internet addressees in the 'To' or 'CC' list

Then...

The Exchange user that receives the message will have malformed external
Internet email addresses in the 'To' or 'CC' fields... and if that user
performs a "reply all" to the message, the reply will fail to be delivered
to the Internet email recipients.  For example, if the Internet email
address in the CC list of a message created in Groupwise is
'mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx', and is sent to an Exchange user, then when the
Exchange user opens the email the Internet address in the CC list will
come through as 'Yahoo.Com;.Mmeyers1111'.

We have opened multiple tickets with Novell and Microsoft and spent lots
of money on consultants to get a solution to this problem... all without
success.

We have tried our configuration with and without the Internet Mail
Connector, but the Groupwise connector and router are always in place.
The only difference without the Internet Mail Connector is that Exchange
users can't send Internet mail at all.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and that may shed some light on
a possible solution?

Mike