[ExchangeList] Group membership puzzle

  • From: Frank <fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, frank@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:22:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to figure why and how there is a mis-match between a group and its members.
I look at the membership of a Universal Distribution Group  and I see a particular member "Eric" as a member.  But when I look at the "Member Of" tab for Eric, that group is not listed.  I tried to "re-add" Eric, but got a pop-up saying he was already a member, even though the group is not listed on the Users properties.
Background:  One empty place-holder domain and 10 child domains, of which 8 are native Ex2003, and two are mixed mode.  The Group and the User are in different, native mode, domains in the same forest.
Frank Hardwick
Enterprise Messaging
Tribune Company