[ExchangeList] Global/Local Address Book Sync

  • From: "Steve Frechette" <stevef@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:05:07 -0500

I have got a user who is asking me what seems like an easy question, but I
simply am not sure I get all of the pieces. Here goes:

He is connecting to an exchange server (not ours, at another company, thus I
have no control over it) and when he is VPN'ed in and goes to his
address/contacts he has got let's say 1,400-ish contacts. When he is working
offline, he has around 740. He is looking to somehow sync these together so
that he has all of them on his local machine for offline work when he is not
connected to the exchange, as actually a lot of them are not even related to
that organization at all and thus he would like them on his local machine
instead. I hope that made sense.

Thanks,

Steve Frechette

Network Administrator