RE: Global Catalog Server

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:27:27 -0800

Andrew, if you have a stand alone Exchange server not belonging to a

GC server can only be a DC!

If making their Exchange server a GC fixed problems, their problems are
rooted deeper than they think.

If the Exchange server is going to be a DC, it must be fully configured
properly as a DC including GC BEFORE installing Exchange.

John Tolmachoff
eServices For You