RE: Global Address List and Outlook 2003 doesn't update

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:18:30 -0000

Hi Mike

There are two completely separate parts to this, and I am making the assumption
you have Outlook 2003 running in Cache Mode.

1. The offline address book is created on your Exchange server(s) at a
specified time during the day, so any changes that are made will not be
incorporated into the OAB until that schedule has passed, you can check when
your server runs the update by looking at the OAB properties via Exchange
System Manager.

2. The Outlook client will pull the OAB update from whatever OAB is specified
on the Store properties for the Store that the user belongs too. The OAB update
will occur when the user opens Outlook or when the users performs a Download
Address Book command, if the user does not close Outlook and does not perform a
manual download of the OAB is will automatically download every 24 hours.

So, you might want to perform a manual update on the OAB via Exchange System
Manager and then download the OAB to the client again.

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108