Global Address List and Outlook 2003 doesn't update

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:49:42 -0500

Can someone please explain why the Global Address list on our Exchange 2000
server doesn't get updated using Outlook 2003 until several hours later?

When I remove a user from the server and go into the Global Address book using
Outlook 2003, the user is still in there.  If I go to a user using an older
version of Outlook, the user doesn't show up.

Even if I go to Tools>Send/Receive>Download Address book in Outlook 2003, the
user is still in there.

Not a big concern but just thought if anyone knew the answer, could you let me
know?

TIA gang,
Mike

Mike Dufoe
System Administrator
ETI Canada Inc.
Phone: (705) 472-1300 ext. 346
Fax:      (705) 472-3416
Email:  dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ó¿Õ Who's Watching Your Network? Ó¿Õ
The information contained in this message may be confidential or protected from
use or disclosure by law. Any distribution, unauthorized use or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender and delete the email.