RE: Global Address List Problem

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:58:48 -0500

OAB's are a PITA.

Do this:

1) Run RUS in Update Mode for the domain of interest (this is prolly the
step you missed -- it stamps the showInAddressBook attribute on all
mail-enabled and mailbox-enabled items in the A/D domain)

2) Verify the contents of the GAL (preview mode) in ESM

3) Rebuild the OAB

4) On the OL2003 client: Send/Receive -> Download Address Book -- if the
GAL is in the Default Send/Receive group (not by default), just do a
"send/receive all".

I think the normal update timeframe for Outlook2003 for OAB updates is
once a week or thereabouts. It's way too long.