RE: Global Address List

  • From: "Scott Van Singel" <svansingel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:31:55 -0500

This is a easy solution.
You can hide the users email from Global Catalog. Open AD Users and computers,
click on advance view, then go to the persons account, click on properties,
then click on Exchange Advance, then check the box to hide the users account.
This works great if you have a VP or someone that does not want everyone to
know what his or her email account is.
We have a account for "Everybody" at this school and we hide the account from
the Global Catalog. This prevents teachers putting something on the list that
they want to sell.
Just my personal experience.
Scott Van Singel (MCP)
Technology Director