Global Address List

  • From: "Rick Sambhi" <rsambhi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:21:45 -0500

Morning All,

We are running Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000. The other day one of our
staff left the company, so we disabled their account in the active
directory. But their name still shows up in the global address list.
Since Exchange and Active Directory are closely integrated, we thought
that disabling the account would also disable their exchange account. We
do not want to delete it right away; our policy required us to keep all
email and documents to an additional 30 days... Do we have to delete
their email account in order to stop their name from showing up in the
global address list??

Thanks in advance for all of your help..

Rick