[ExchangeList] Ghost Backup or Image for Active Directory Server and Exchange Server

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:01:01 -0700

Hi Amit,

Well first you'll need to buy Symantec Ghost Corporate Edition so you have the
32 bit version. Then if you have a server such as a HP Proliant DL-580 with a
6400 Smart Raid Controller you'll need to add the Raid controller driver to
your bootable CD Rom that you'll have to create so it can access the Raid Disk
Array.

If you Want to create your own Bootable CD, I would recommend you use Microsoft
WinPE or Bart's PE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

Barts also allows you to use Acronis http://www.acronis.com/ which may be less
expensive then Ghost Corporate, however I have only used Ghost Version 8, 32Bit
and can attest that it works ( I've imaged several hundredservers with it at
ADP Payroll Systems ).

Hope this helps, the rest is up to you and requires that you read the
documentation with each product.

Best Wish's,

Jose Medeiros
http://www.myspace.com/josemedeiros1