Getting exchange to accept mail for any domain

  • From: "Angel Gabriel" <badmangabriel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:24:56 -0000

Is it possible for exchange to accept mail to any domain, and deliver it
to user@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think I better explain. Our mail server is accessed in different ways.
Before I install another exchange box, I'd like to be sure of the

To those on the same subnet, it's accessed by IP address..... *old
school I know, but we like it like that* i.e. user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To those on the same LAN, it's accessed by internal DN, which is user@xxxxxxxx
To those on the internet, it's accessed by FQDN

Is it possible to for the exchange box to accept mail for in all these
ways for the intended user. And please don't assume my client setup, we
have Mac boxes, Linux boxes, damn, we even have a Amigo box, so deliver
is done via many MTA's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, a quick question, why does an AD box running DNS assume that it's
the top of the domain? My w2k server is but it
assumes it's and this causes problems when people attempt
to access the webserver internally. I've tried editing the DNS record,
but it doesn't let me. How do I add and remove hosts from a windows box?