General Question

  • From: "RAJESH.K.R." <san_rajesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:16:08 +0530

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to have exchange server configured
to receive mails from outside (Not just inside the LAN) without having a
mailbox with the ISP. This question may seem so stupid but my boss wants a
written proof of the same. Hope somebody gives a detailed reply to this
question at the earliest.

I repeat my question - Is it possible to have exchange server configured to
receive mails from outside (Not just inside the LAN) without having a
mailbox with the ISP. I have a public IP address & a domain name as well.
Will this be enough to configure - or I need a mailbox from the ISP.

Thanks,

Rajesh