Re: General Question

  • From: "Fares Rihani" <fares@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:34:06 -0500

Rajesh,
Echange will handle all your mail messaging needs, without having a mailbox
with the ISP.  In explanation, all you need to do is create a dns server
(can be on Exchange machine) with MX (mail exchange) entries as per your
public domain name and IP address.  Any mail sent to the public domain will
resolve the MX record in a DNS query, and forward the mail to your Exhange
computer (external IP address)  For example; create an MX entry like:
    mail.your-domain.com  MX 123.123.123.123 (external IP address)
on an availiable (to public) DNS server. This may be done by your ISP DNS.
If the Exchange server is running (configured) properly and is published to
your external IP, any mail sent to @your-domain.com will be handled by your
exchange server.

Hope this helps.

.fares