RE: Gateway for Exchange 2003

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:28:14 -0700

When disabling the GFI services, are you then doing a "iisreset /restart"?

Restarting IIS has nothing to do with restarting or clear the CACHE on DNS.
You first and second items indicate DNS issues. Being able to do a telnet
and look up MX records do not count in this instance, as if a problem it is
on the RBL lookups and such. What DNS servers are being used by GFI and IIS?
Could they be under heavy load? If they are ISP servers, some ISP do not
like admins using their servers for spam testing lookups. Try setting up the
DNS service on that server as cache only, and configure GFI and IIS to use
it, and only configure it to use the root servers, not any forwarders.

John T

eServices For You