RE: Gateway for Exchange 2003

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:49:57 -0400

We tried that, and it has no effect on the queued mail.

The SMTP Gateway is a new dual processor server with 2 GB ram - so it is
strong enough to handle the mail flow.

Here is what I notice when the queues build up...

1.      Mail from external sites are delivered to the SMTP Gateway
machine, but the gateway is extremely slow in delivering them to the
Exchange Server.
2.      Mail from internal is delivered to the SMPT Gateway Machine, but
the gateway does not forward them out...
3.      Restart IIS - no effect
4.      Restart or Disable GFI services - no effect
5.      I am able to perform MX lookups on external domains and send
mail via a Telnet DOS session
6.      No event errors/logs
7.      No system processes are going nuts...
8.      No virus scans are taking place

One sidenote - the gateway is in the DMZ and is a member of the domain.

Thanks for any assistance,

Regards,
Chris