RE: Gateway for Exchange 2003

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:44:47 -0700

Youch, a product that is supposed to scan for viruses and spam has problems
with some messages that are formatted in such a way so as to cause a problem
with software that is supposed to scan them, what will they think of next?

(Yes, tongue firmly planted in check as I am well aware of formatting issues
and vulnerabilities that are specifically designed to "fool" or otherwise
cause problems with the software that is supposed to be scanning it and
including causing problems whereby Outlook then opens it and walla, you have
spam or a virus.)

And yes, the software I use checks for those problems and catches them.

John T

eServices For You