RE: Garbage mail from exchange server

  • From: "Juvonen, Maarit" <maarit.juvonen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:43:46 +0300

This is a common phenonenon in the e-messaging world.  In most cases you (or
your system) does not have a virus, but likely someone you know does.  The
virus 'harvested' your email address from the PC of someone you communicate
with and tried to send itself to others using your email address as the "From"
field.  Any messages that cannot be delivered are 'returned' to the sender.
Since your address is in the sender field, you get the return message.
There is really nothing to be done.  Your systems are most probably clean and
the message did not originate from there.  But, because it has your address, it
looks like it did.