Re: GFI acknowledgement of screw up

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:35:12 -0500

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:56:02 -0800, William Lefkovics
<william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> I don't think there is a true lesson here.

True Lesson: Test your products, especially when you rely on third
party components.  Neglecting to do so will lead to similar problems
like GFI has just experienced.

> Mistakes happen.

Most of them can be prevented. I would rather focus on that.  If GFI
had of tested the updates from BitDefender before allowing their
clients to utilize the update as part of their software package, then
this most likely would have been prevented.

> For some that mistake is using GFI.

I am sure that they will be a better company as a result of this error.

> For GFI, the mistake is obvious and not a 'lesson' that needed learning.

The mistake - after the fact - is of course, obvious to GFI, but it
would have been prevented had they been more diligent with testing
their products and the components they utilize.  Therefore, this
aforementioned 'lesson' 'needing learning'.

...D