GFI Mailsecurity IN GATEWAY MODE - URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE.

  • From: "Soo, Bee Yong" <by.soo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:43:27 +1000

Dear all,

I am still learning about how this product works.

Current OS:

1 x Exchange Server 5.5 with Internet Mail services (no DATA) - machine A
1 x Exchange Server 5.5 with only MAILBOXES - machine B
1 x Linux with SENDMAIL at DMZ - machine C
1 x Windows 2003 running ISS SMTP service and running GFI Mailsecurity v8.0
GATEWAY mode (machine D)

Please note that machine D is behind the firewall and I am testing its mail
relay behind the firewall. At this point, I have changed my internal DNS
entries that the domain name will be looking at this machine D as the
primary Mail Exchange server

220 machineD.X.Y.Z Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 rea
dy at  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:16:30 +1000
helo internaldomain2.Y.Z
250 machineD.X.Y.Z Hello [NN.NN.NN.NN]
mail from:<user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 2.1.0 user1@internaldomain2@X.Y.Z....Sender OK
rcpt to:< user2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
250 2.1.5 user2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
data
354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
helo helo with relay allowance OFF for internaldomain2.Y.Z at IIS-SMTP
.
250 2.6.0 < machineD uRuaHxRrPSC00000008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Queued mail for
delivery
quit
221 2.0.0 machineD.X.Y.Z Service closing transmission channel

Connection to host lost.

Please HELP.....why the mails are only sitting in the queue but reaching the
recipients at all?

Thank you.

Regards,
BY